Goodbye Journalism

Back to Article
Back to Article

Goodbye Journalism

Nomar Dorado, student-journalist

What I got out of journalism is a lot of things, such as meeting new people, learning more about writing and when to capitalize. Although most of the time I did not do it correctly I still learned some valuable things that I can use in my writing.

I have improved in my writing aspect taking this class. In journalism I will miss being able to start my day in here. Although the teacher, Mr. Senteno, gives off a scary impression, he is nice if you get to know him better. Something I will not miss is having to always check if you have contractions and constantly having to work.

I feel journalism being cut is pointless. This class is a very good class to take especially in freshman year. It shapes a students writing skills, preparing them for the higher levels of English. This class as well made me a better note-taker and an organized student. From this whole school year overall I have improved a ton in my education, the most improvement I made was in journalism. This class is very challenging but school is supposed to be that way so you can learn something new everyday. Next year I am looking forward to meeting new people, improving in my off campus boxing experience for self defense and if journalism is not cut then I will be taking it again. Overall journalism was a fun experience and I will miss this class, goodbye journalism.