Summer Beaches in San Diego

Back to Article
Back to Article

Summer Beaches in San Diego

Photo by Kelly Balch on Unsplash

Photo by Kelly Balch on Unsplash

Photo by Kelly Balch on Unsplash

Photo by Kelly Balch on Unsplash

Haley Engelbrecht, student-journalist

In San Diego, over 100 beaches on the coastline are available for families living in the city. This summer, with the eighty to ninety-degree weather, finding a more private beach can enhance that swimming suit tan!

With the many beaches surrounding the community just heading down the street can lead to endless possibilities of having the grooviest summer yet.

Just take the 52 West freeway to Torrey Pines road to get to La Jolla. Or drive down Balboa Avenue all the way down through Garnet Avenue and arrive in Pacific Beach.

Family beaches include La Jolla Shores. Preparing early in the morning can score the family van to get a front row space.

The cooler packed with snacks, unlimited sunscreen, and the best fitting swimming suit to wear for those waves!

“I loved going (to Windansea). I would recommend it to everyone! Parking was a little rough but so worth it!” said local guide, Chirelle Pearson.

Windansea and Black’s Beach are the top ones for the most relaxing surfing spot. The small cliffs overlooking the sand creates the best shade for the non-umbrella people.

Torrey Pines State Beach is known for the various trails leading towards the water. The trails include Guy Fleming, Razor Point, and Beach Trail.

Clairemont High School sophomore Emma Huffman said, “I have been to Torrey Pines and the views are mesmerizing… my friend also brought a camera for the rocky hike to the beach and it was definitely difficult to climb with a $1,000 camera around her neck.”

Summertime is a perfect time to swim and see the beautiful sea life and tide pools. Bring a camera for the beautiful scenery guiding toward the sand.

No need of a wallet, but snacks are a must. Eating and drinking will help get through the sweaty humidity.

With only two months left of school, it is time to purchase those bikinis and trunks for the warm salt water and the powdery sand on the fingertips. 

About the Writer
Haley Engelbrecht, student-journalist

Clairemont High School sophomore Haley Engelbrecht is involved in sports and extracurricular activities such as the gardening club and a college prep program...

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Summer Beaches in San Diego”

1. Krystal Sifuentes on May 2nd, 2019 7:36 AM

This article was helpful since, it showed me the many beaches I could attend. As, well as extra tips you added. Well written and makes me excited for summer!

2. Jaden Brown on May 3rd, 2019 10:20 AM

I like the vibe that this article gives off. This would really help for people who have not been in San Diego and for people who are tourists.

3. Summer Keegan on May 3rd, 2019 10:21 AM

This story caught my attention when I was scrolling through this website. Even as a local, I am always looking for new beaches to explore. It was great to hear the authors opinion, as well as some CHS students. This article will be super helpful in finding the best beach this summer.

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

A Summer Playlist For Summer Break

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Goodbye Journalism

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Next Steps For The Class Of 2019

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Goodbye Journalism

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Summertime Slowdown

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Goodbye Journalism

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Goodbye Journalism

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Goodbye Journalism

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Goodbye Journalism

• Summer Beaches in San Diego

Goodbye Journalism

Summer Beaches in San Diego