Changing CHS Colors

Back to Article
Back to Article

Changing CHS Colors

photo by Yuriana Alva, student journalist

Yuriana Alva, student-journalist

No more orange and blue! On April 1st Clairemont Chieftains colors will be changed to yellow and white.

Many high schools located in San Diego have common colors for their logo. Clairemont high (CHS) has basic colors that not everybody likes.

As Chieftains, not everybody agrees with the colors orange and blue for the CHS logo. The school’s students and staff decided they would like to change the colors to due to them being more common.

The Associated Student Body (ASB) announced the news of the changes CHS made today.

Math teacher Mr. Wats Rong said, “I agree with the color changing because it would look better with yellow and while then it does with blue and orange.”

The school went through a lot to change the school colors.

Many people in the community have disagreed with the changes CHS made, due to blue and yellow always being the colors CHS has represented for a very long time.

”Why would the colors be changed? We had these colors for a long time and CHS is known for them,” said senior April Fuls.

People may have many different thoughts on this change at the school.

Security guard Ms. Got Ya said, “I agree with the changes because the school will start fresh due to having new colors and not the blue and orange so what happened with the old colors stay with those colors.¨

CHS will be presenting the new colors on April 1st, 2019 with a pep rally being held in the quad.

Be ready to see new colors over all of the school walls, bathrooms, and gates.