Fun Things to do in North Park

Maddie Jacobs, Staff Writer

If you’re looking for a trendy, insta-worthy day filled with great food and cute coffee shops check out San Diego’s hidden gem, North Park.

Located between Balboa park and Mission Valley, North Park has over 20 eateries and around five different coffee shops; for the 21 and up crowd a great selection of bars as well. North Park also houses The Observatory, a music venue that hosts countless popular bands and artists. The exclusivity of The Observatory and various eateries displays the art culture within North Park, which can also be seen in the many murals, art galleries and aesthetically pleasing shops.

North Park is extremely popular among the younger crowd. Senior at Clairemont High School, Vincent Pizzo, describes North Park as one of his frequent hangout spots. He goes on to describe it as a great place to hang out with friends especially if you’re looking for an adventure. Pizzo also finds the culture of North Park to be very inviting, which is why he chooses to spend his time there.

With many places to choose from in North Park narrowing down your decision could be difficult. Anna Watkins, a senior at Clairemont says that usually she can’t limit her day with just one place. “Of all the cool places in North Park, I’d say shopping at Pigment, Communal Coffee, and eating at Underbelly are definite favorites. Then again, I absolutely love The Observatory, and I can’t get enough of Hammond’s ice cream, so my days are definitely packed”.

There is no doubt that North Park is home to the true spirit of San Diego through its laid back and welcoming urbanity. Choose North Park the next time you are looking for a day full of fun, and memories that will last a lifetime.